Of course, he didn't know that I've already done 100 things about me, but that was back in 2001, so I will try and pick 7 ones that my invisible internet friends will likely not know.
1. I am on the one hand a master procrastinator, and a perfectionist.
These two actually go hand in hand - many perfectionists are procrastinators, (according to The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play by Neil Fiore - which is a great read, btw), because the crazy deadline pressure allows a perfectionist to say "Screw it, it doesn't need to be perfect, if they need it in 20 minutes..." I'm trying to work on both of these, but I probably could use a re-read of the book.
2. I hate using the mouse on the computer and will memorize a host of keyboard shortcuts to avoid it.
I can't find where I first learned this but using your mouse decreases your productivity about 30% - think about it, you have to pick your hand off the keyboard, put your hand on the mouse, readjust to what you want to do, click click and then make sure your fingers are on the home row and go back to what you're doing. If you know the keyboard shortcut(s), you eliminate a lot of that "resetting" time. This is also why I a) really love thinkpads (they have the nubby mouse between the 'g' and 'h' keys that don't require you to pick your hands up; and b) HATE MS OFFICE 2007 because you MESSED UP MOST OF MY SHORTCUTS and I don't know where to FIND everything else!! I'm sure everyone else has their reasons for not liking office 2007, but that's mine.
3. I am a very, very affectionate person when inebriated.
Not in the one night stand kind of way, but in the hugs and kisses on the cheeks and 'oh you're so prettttty' and rubbing chests in "feels like VICTORY" ways. Just ask April or Kent or Garth...
4. I find myself being a geek-vangelist
Except for the iPhone, it seems that when I get a cool new geek toy, all of a sudden it really starts to take off. Sure, the palm pilots were ok, but I didn't know many people who had one until I decided to get one. And then ALL of my friends got one. Same with twitter, and it looks like the Kindle... and I know there are a few others out there. I tend to take my time on what I buy, and be very excited/passionate about it, so that probably helps.
5. I do not like beer, as a rule (and as a corollary, I also do not like crunchy bread).
Yep, there you have it. I don't like beer, really. You could really say I don't like hops, because I do like a good lambic, and surprisingly Leinie's berryweiss is tolerable, but other than that, I can't stand the aftertaste. It's wine and hard liquor for me. And no, I don't really know any form of crunchy bread that I like: toast, croutons, chips, triscuits, etc are all non-starters for me.
6. I have an above average obsession with cosmetics.
Let me just tell you, sephora loves me. I mean, really loves me. And I love them; it's a good relationship. :)
7. I cannot fall asleep without reading for 10 minutes or so
This habit probably dates back to my pre-teen days. I've always been a voracious reader, and after I hit age 12, I started not being able to fall asleep right away, so I'd read a little before bed. And I still do, even after a crazy late night out - and yes, even in Vegas when I'm approaching 5am from the wrong side, I've got to read a little bit before falling asleep.
And since it wouldn't be a MEEEEM without tagging other people, here we go:
- April, because she got named in the post and needs to post more anyway...
- Kent, because he was named in the post and should be able to come up with something interesting...
- Garth, because he was named in the post, and needs to post more, and who doesn't want to hear facts about aussies?
- BG, to keep him blogging more!
- Shelly, because she's never met a meme she didn't like (or do)...
- Roland, who also is a meme-r and will have something interesting, and will inflict the meme on a different circle!
- Terrell, because he needs something more to blog about and Keith didn't tag him.
- Link your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
And as the saying goes, I subscribe to ALL YOUR BLOGS so I'll know if you do this or not!