- I'm doing laundry right now, and kept a close eye on the sump when the first drain cycle went, and the float went up like it was supposed to, but then got caught resting on the inlet pipe and I needed to knock it off the pipe to make sure the motor didn't run dry. So, we're getting there.
- Euchre! CJ's organizing a tournament for anyone interested, and you can go find a partner and sign up and prepare to get your butts kicked. Details here.
- If you haven't read Freakonomics, you should. Steven Levitt also used to play quite a bit of poker and is now working on his next project, pokernomics. Unfortunately, you've missed out on your chance to win a free autographed book of Freakonomics, but it looks like you'll still get the analysis if you send in >10,000 hands (all anonymous).
- I find myself fascinated by Rita much like tornados fascinate me (and luckily we've had very few of the latter around here this year), and have added some of wundergrounds weather bloggers to my bloglines.
- Sigh, the float got stuck to the side of the sump again, and now the backup sump went; I think something's seriously wacky. :(
- Did you know the Cleveland Indians have a box of cereal playing left field? Too funny!
- Also, got to listen to Big Sexxy's September 1st live show. Pretty good stuff, even if I do love the old school tunes the best. Y'all should bug him to write more in his defunct music blog.
- I forgot to TiVo Kitchen Confidential. p0 Bradley Cooper, p0 me!
- And CRIPES, my laptop battery refuses to charge. Grrrr.
Ok, going upstairs now to see if any water came out of the sump pump outside drain. Le Sigh.