an hour and a half later...
I have found out that:
- it takes a really long time to walk round trip to the library
- I should wear slightly better shoes when taking this trek
- there is a convenient light pole by the library that is far enough away from the front door and from the parking lot that the puppo won't get hurt
- next time I should make sure they HAVE books for me when I make the trek
- I feel justified in having the chinese food I've been craving thanks to a tired puppy and an hour and a half of walking.