Sound Byte (maigrey) wrote,
Sound Byte

Brain dumps

I'm taking a break from the insanity of busy that has currently been my life -- instead of running to the grocery store andthen to caribou to pick up my latest addition, a medium cinnamon swirl, and running back home to work on cleaning and the other mundane things in my life, I'm sitting here at the caribou with said cinnamon swirl to take a ten minute break and write.

The last several weeks have been extremely busy, as you may have notice from my lack of entries.two weeks ago, my boss was in town, along with all of his staff for an all day staff meting as well as a meetingwith my boss' boss. Thus, my normal schedule of just 'busy' was thrown out of whack to be 'really busy'. There were no days for working at home, really, and I had 2 days of my work week cut out, and no reduction in the amount of work to be done.

Of course, me being me, I was still having people over on tuesdays for game night and going to class on thursdays, along with trying to keep up with my house blessing routines. It wouldn't all be so bad if my weekends weren't as busy as my weekdays. Normally it's my weekdays that are jam packed, and my weekends are free to relax and clean around the house and watch sports. Not so last week, with all the birthday celebrations. Friday after work, my mother and I went out for fondue, stuffing ourselves and not leaving until 11 pm or so.

Saturday I had an appointment to go downtown for my hair cut and color (I got highlights! Yes, I owe you pictures, but I look totally hot, thank you) and then rushed from there to the Illini-Indiana game that my friend Jason invited me to for my birthday. Tons of fun, but then right after the game it was off to another jason's poker tournament. Needless to say I was not at my full mental capacity and ended up beingthe first one knocked out.

This week has been catch up week at work, AND the crunch time of trying to get our personal planning for work done. This means more 12 hour work days, and slacking on my reading for my class. But, that's all done.

... Just in time for my boss to come into town AGAIN and my schedule to be thrown off.

I'm not whining that I don't feel useful, at least -- just busy. And I don't mind that so much, but I've been running on fumes by Friday. Yesterday, I ended up falling asleep at 7:30 PM and sleeping until 7 AM this morning, with only a couple phone calls that woke me up.

I'm putting in for a mental health day very soon.

  • Tired.

    Being in the office at 8:30 am means getting up at 5 because I hate traffic and traffic starts at 6:30. Wah. But I did get more Caribou. YOMS.

  • Making orthodontia better

    + ...I have about 4 hours before I can't eat anything that isn't soft...

  • For Lori.

    I hate you pollen. HATE YOU.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded