So what did I do this weekend, you ask?
- went to Ikea to look at the bookcases, and ran into my college roommate, who I've been trying to hook up with for the last couple weeks.
- wandered with her and zen_raven for an hour to look at down comforters
- bought cool fluorescent light bulbs you use to replace regular ones for a fraction of the cost
- played Parcheesi with Heather
- Got up at 8:45 am (ugh)
- Returned the gazillion glass oberweis milk bottles for a grand total of $2.50
- gazillion being 5
- Saw a barn in flames while returning said bottles, and fire fighters hosing the building down.
- Couldn't tell if the firemen were cute though
- Picked my mom up, and drove downtown to get my hair done and a Christmas manicure/pedicure for mom.
- I know it's march, but she was busy until now
- and I chopped 4 inches off my hair
- It's a bit shorter than I like, but it'll grow out
- Stopped in Williams-Sonoma on the way back to the parking garage, and bought a Microplane Grater that Alton Brown says is perfect for ginger and nutmeg.
- It also saved me $10 on the parking ticket.
- Dropped mom off at home and appropriated her exerball.
- Went to the Saturn dealer for an oil change
- did you know dealers will put new license plates on?
- The Saturn now sports the new plates that have been sitting on my stairs since July, and I didn't have to touch a tool.
- Saturn rocks.
- Drove by best buy, bought the new Leona Naess and John Mayer CDs
- Then, off to Ikea to buy a bookcase and a sofa table
- might I say that was really dang heavy, and I'm glad there were men around to help me get it into my car?
- one of the Ikea people was even nice enough to put it in the car, and twine the trunk up nice and tight so I could get it home
- I had to take it apart on the stairs, though, since it was too heavy to lift in one piece
- I'm definitely coercing one of my guy friends to put it together
- The sofa table was much easier to put together; screw the legs in, and tada!
- You just have to love that.
- Up again early for church
- met up with Kat, to see her new apartment
- which is located right near the Wheaton Williams Sonoma, so we picked up cooking class information
- after eating lunch at Panera, of course.
- We also stopped in at Pier One
- Papasan chairs are $135, and they no longer make the love seats
- this makes me sad.
- I also spent way too much money on bath products at Bath & Body Works
- I love their warm vanilla sugar and coconut scents. Yummah.
- Then, finally, to Costco, where, after wandering around for 45 minutes, I finally found what I was looking for:
- a sturdy baker's rack to hold the TV in the treadmill room, so the TV is in front of me, and at eye-height, instead of off in the corner so I have to twist my neck.
- It too, was too heavy, so men came in handy again.
- The juice and water were easier to find.
Whew! No wonder I was so tired today!